Have you come back from Holy Week and you can not think of a healthy recipe that does not contain lettuce or chicken? That’s why we’re here!
This week we present a new rich Mediterranean diet recipe low in calories and very rich in flavor.
Surely you have tasted cod in a thousand ways, but … Have you tasted Cod to the Lyons?
If not, I advise you to try it, in just 50 minutes you will have a delicious dish that will please the whole family. Shall we begin?
Ingredients from Cod to the Lyons
- 400 gr of salted cod.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions
- 600 gr of potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic Parsley
- 4 tomatoes
- 0,5L White wine
- A pinch of sugar
Preparation of the Cod to the Lyons
- Put the salted cod in a pan with water covering it for 12 hours or more. During this time, we must change the water twice, rinsing the saucepan and returning to cover the cod with cold water.
- When the cod is desalted, we will re-fill it with cold water in a pot and wait for the water to boil. Once it is boiling, we will wait for 10 minutes.
- Next we will put a dried dry cloth and we will throw the cod so that it drains. Once cold we will remove the skin and thorns it contains.
- Now, we will prepare a pot with water where you can cook the potatoes with skin. When they are ready, let them cool, peel them and cut into finite slices.
- Next, you should put a little oil in the pan to heat. When it is hot, you will pour the potatoes so that they are browned a little, you will cut the onions in juliana and you will throw them to the frying pan next to the potatoes until they are doraditas. Then cut the garlic into slices and the tomatoes into eight pieces and add them to the pan along with a little parsley and white wine.
- Let cook everything on fire for 7 minutes, then add the fish and season it. Add a pinch of sugar to remove the bitterness of the tomato and let it simmer, this time, for 30 minutes.
If you prefer, you can also bake it, prepare the same sauce as we have shown, add the cod to a tray and pour the sauce over. Put it in the oven heated to 175ºC for 40 minutes and you will have your rich cod ready to eat.
Do you want other ideas to taste Cod? In the Menuterio Blog we show you several: