It is a common believe, to think that if you want to get a healthy diet, you should start a diet in which you will end up hungry, but actually that belief is far from the reality.
A healthy diet should be based on the amount of carbohydrates, proteins and fats we consume each day. Always keep in mind that each body is different and will need different amounts daily.
Then, how can I ¿cómo puedo hacer mi dieta más saludable?
The consumption of fruit and vegetables provides great health benefits. In fact, it is proven that people who eat more fruits and vegetables as part of a healthier diet are less likely to suffer from some chronic diseases.
The good thing about fruits and vegetables is that you can easily find them in any supermarket and keep them at home in different ways as they can be: fresh, canned, frozen or dried, and can be eaten whole, cut or mashed. The possibilities are endless.
In this post we are going to give you some tips to include in your daily diet more portions of fruits and vegetables. For example:
– Include fruits in your breakfasts: they can be whole or combined with your cereals or toast. Try putting slices of banana or strawberries in the cereals; avocado on your toast or try having fruit mixed with skimmed yogurt.
– Fruit and fiber (2 in 1): Try to consume more whole fruits like orange or pineapple, mainly for the additional benefits offered by the fiber it contains.
– Half of your dish should be made up of vegetables: when you’re preparing meals, make sure to choose red and orange vegetables, such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes and broccoli as a side of your dishes.
– Tasty smoothies: choose a delicious smoothie made up of strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries, and frozen bananas and fruit juice as your dessert or breakfast. There are plenty of choices.
– Get the grill going!: use it to cook your vegetables. Try grilling mushrooms, carrots, peppers, or potatoes on a skewer. Spread oil over them so they don’t dry out and enjoy!
– Add more vegetables to your pasta or rice: Throw some peppers, spinach, read beans, onions or cherry tomatoes into your tomato sauce recipe. These type of dishes are perfect to keep into the fridge and enjoy at work.
And last, but not less important, the final advise:
– Enjoy the taste of seasonal vegetables: buy veggies that are in season to get the most bang for your buck. Take a look at your local supermarket’s sale list to find the best prices, or visit your neighborhood’s farmers market.